Monday, October 11, 2010

Chameleon

If you were brought up in a place other than where you were brought up - do you think you would be a completely different person?

I think I would be. When I think about it - many of the friends that I had, influenced what I liked, what I was meant to like and what was seen as acceptable. It is a combination of both my own personality and the people that I chose to be in my life. I don't think I'm an individual - I genuinely think that I just copy pieces of other people and I am just a little portions of other people, in one body. For example, I don't think I would've learned to love Lion King or Star Wars if it weren't for my sister. I honestly believe that if it weren't for her I would've grown up thinking Star Wars was a dumb sixology and have no real appreciation for the magnificent series. I'm not saying I don't have my own taste of certain things, I do, but I do think the majority of myself isn't actually from me. So I think, in saying that, if I were brought up somewhere else, with different people in a different situation, I would be me - but a reflection of different people.

Two cents.

By the way, more texty blogs or more picture blogs? I don't mind ... However, I AM worse at in-depth thinking blogs. But sometimes things sound good in my head, but when I blog it. It sounds try-hard.

love,

k.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure you'd ever sound try-hard. :D

    PS. starwars is tres cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the fact that you called it a sixology lol.
    Also, yay for bringing back the comments section!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hexology? Sixology? (:
    Agreed to to awesome comments sections.

    ReplyDelete