Saturday, January 1, 2011

31/12/2010

I wish I could’ve posted this prior to the start of 2011, but the lack of internet access has proven an obstacle. That’s ok (:
I never remember all my New Year’s Resolutions, but I always remember one. Last year I distinctly remember “Take more pictures, even of the littlest of things” – My friend asked why. I responded with “Because things change so quickly, and most of the time you don’t realise it.” It’s my last day in Malaysia and I can tell I’m going to miss it so much. But the one thing I’m glad is that in time I’ll look at the photos I have and I can have a glimpse of what I think was the ultimate holiday. I look forward to seeing my family again.

At the end of every year, just before the fireworks and the ushering in of the New Year, I never fail to getting a ‘feeling’. It’s either of welcoming a fresh new start and excited to begin anew or being held back and somewhat prevented from being able to make a fresh start. I don’t know what I feel this time ... but I think I’m leaning towards the latter. It’s just a feeling. Nothing significant... right?

In light of the New Year I will attempt to make some New Years’ Resolutions. If you’re reading this... keep me accountable.
  1. Be generous; give until it hurts to give anymore.
  2. Pray more, Read more; there is always the answer even if it’s not that answer you want to hear.
  3. Take more pictures; This year = LEARN.
  4. Be open to change whether good or bad; out of the bad there is always good.
  5. Persist; You don’t know your potential, therefore the only way to find out is to keep going forward.


There’s definitely more than this limited list but it’s a start and I think of the most important ones first. I hope you all had the best New Year’s Eve and let’s hope 2011 turns out to the be AMAZINGGGGG !

love,

k.

No comments:

Post a Comment